Insurance for the Marine Trade

Premier Marine Insurance offers a variety of commercial insurances including a range of policies that is specifically designed for marine trades - from self-employed shipwrights, marine engineers, GRP repairers and riggers, to RYA training centres, boat builders, manufacturers and more. Policies can also be tailored to you and your business needs, so whether you are looking for public liability insurance, employer’s liability insurance, professional indemnity insurance, or just cover for your commercial premises, we can help. 

Details of our marine trade insurances are described below. 

green tick  Marine trade specialist with over 30 years' experience
green tick
Cover for a wide range of marine trades, including self employed engineers, RYA training centres, boat builders, manufacturers and more
green tick
Whether you are a business owner or tradesman, our public liability insurance for marine trades will cover your legal costs if you are sued by a member of the public who is injured as a result of your negligence. It also covers any compensation costs following a legal claim against you - potentially keeping your business running.
green tick
Professional indemnity insurance
green tick
Employers liability insurance
green tick
Optional legal expenses cover, which includes protection for tax disputes, legal defence and employer disputes
green tick
Cover for your stock of boats and vessels owned but not for sale
green tick
Cover for your commercial premises including building, stock, pontoons and marina installations

Call 0344 892 1321 to get a quote now

Discounted Commercial Insurances for Premier Marinas’ Tenants

If you are a tenant at a Premier Marina we can offer you 20% discount on our commercial insurances. The discounted price will be calculated by deducting 20% from the premium before insurance Premium Tax and Policy Fee and cover is subject to meeting the insurer’s criteria.

Looking for a commercial property on the South Coast? Click here to find out about our properties

What to do when you need to make a marine trade insurance claim

It is important to report all incidents to your insurers. This will help your insurance company to defend you against claims made by a third party. While all incidents should be reported directly to your insurer, our in-house team are always on hand should you need additional support or if you have concerns about the claims process.

To report an incident please call your insurer directly using the telephone number in your policy documents, where you will also find the claims team opening hours. In most cases your insurer will be available at any time, day or night. Alternatively you can contact the business support team on 0344 892 1987 and we will put you in touch.

Your insurer will correspond with you directly with the progress of your claim and they will keep us updated at all times.